Q: What should I wear to volunteer at the ReStore?
What should I wear?
What CAN'T I wear?
- Comfortable, casual clothes that you can work in and don't mind getting dirty (jeans, athletic pants/shorts, etc.) Shorts must be at least mid-thigh in length — NO "short-shorts" or "booty shorts"
- Closed-toe, closed-heel shoes such as athletic trainers or work boots. No ballet shoes, crocs, etc. (if you arrive with inappropriate footwear, you will not be premitted to work that day)
- Jacket/sweatshirt/raincoat — many tasks will require you to be outside, or in a backroom with open doors, so cold/rainy weather will be a factor
What CAN'T I wear?
- Loose hanging jewelry
- Hats/headwear, except for baseball caps or religious headwear
- Anything featuring offensive or explicit slogans/language/images
- Overly baggy clothing
- Clothing that interferes with your ability to work, including items that you don't want to get dirty or paint on
- Anything that allows your undergarments to show; i.e. low-rise pants, sheer shirts, etc.
Q: I'll be there all day, do you provide lunch?
A: The ReStore does not provide lunch, but there are several lunch options nearby. There is a break room with a refrigerator and a microwave if you would like to pack a lunch.
Q: I would love to get my family more involved. Can I bring my kids along with me?
A: For safety reasons, our ReStore volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
Q: Can I bring a group along?
A: Certainly! We love to have groups volunteer at the ReStore. We can even schedule a special time for your group. Contact the store at (704) 786-4000 to arrange a time and please note that all volunteer groups must be scheduled in advance.
Q: What will I be doing during my time there?
A: It varies. Visit our Volunteer Opportunities page for more information.
Q: How does my time help Habitat?
A: Every task a volunteer does helps to reduce our overhead cost and allows us to direct even more of our proceeds to Habitat for Humanity of Cabarrus County.
Q: I have a special skill that I think would be helpful to Habitat, but I don't see a category anywhere under the Volunteer Opportunities. How can I help using that skill?
A: Contact us at (704) 786-4000 to find out where you can help. We can use all types of skills, from plumbing, drywall installation and finishing, flooring installation, and electrical to artistic and everything in between.