Items We Can't Accept
There are many other organizations that accept clothing donations, and they do such a good job that there is no reason for us to do the same!
- Mattresses/Box Springs and Sleeper Sofas
By law, before we resell a used mattress/box spring in the state of North Carolina, we must wash it with a special machine. This machine is expensive, and would drive up our costs, taking away money to go toward building houses.
- Baby Items
- Exercise Equipment
- Anything that doesn't work/needs a replacement part
- Metal Blinds
- Paint, Stain, Thinners, or other Hazardous Materials/Chemicals
These items are not very popular for resale, and some can be hazardous just to store. Check out the Cabarrus County website for information on how to properly dispose of these items.
- Shower Doors
- Unframed Mirrors or Glass
Unframed mirrors or glass have very sharp edges, and are a safety hazard for the staff and volunteers who have to handle them.
- Appliances Over 15 Years Old
We have to give a warranty on the appliances we sell in our store, and it's hard to give that guarantee on older appliances. If you have an appliance that doesn't meet the age requirement, but still works fine, try calling Crisis Assistance at 704-371-3001. They can take older appliances!
See appliance info above.
- Microwaves Mounted Under Cabinets
- Storm Windows/Single Pane Windows
- Computers/Fax Machines/Copy Machines/Printers
- Swingsets or Playground Equipment
- Tube-type Televisions (we do accept flat-screen TVs)
- Entertainment Centers
- Large Office Desk and Office Cubicles
- Jacuzzi or Garden Tubs
- Books, DvDs, CDs